Re: Random panics with 5.3-REL, SMP

From: Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:18:33 -0800
>>> Hm, this should be getting set; the twe driver supports crashdumps.  What
>>> happens if you run 'dumpon /dev/twed0s1b' manually?
>> # dumpon /dev/twed0s1b
>> #
> I think we established before that you were setting the device name
> bogusly elsewhere so we'll assume this is working now :)

setting is working.  but i did not get a crashdump last two crashes.

>> i am using ssh.
> Oh, they released an IOS image with ssh for those? I've been using
> Cyclades TSx000 boxes for too long apparently...

uh, for many years.  but you have to invoke some incantations
to get 3des etc.  i have been doing it for so long that i have
forgotton what you have to do to get in the door.

of course, i also have oob access via craft ports.  in fact, it
is this path, ssh to the termserv which then goes local serial
to craft, that is not easily loggable.

randy