Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:53:22 -0700 (MST)
In message: <41AE3F80.1000506_at_freebsd.org>
            Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: 1.  Keyboard multiplexer.  We are running into problems with making
: ps/2 and USB/bluetooth keyboards work together and work with KVMs.
: Having a virtual keyboard device that multiplexes the various real
: keyboard devices and handles hotplug can solve this mess pretty
: effectively.  I know that there has been a lot of talk about this on
: mailing lists recently but I don't know how much progress is being made
: so I'm listing it here.

There aready are multiplexers in the kernel.  The problem is that we
need a many to one mux that is the OR of all the ones installed.  We
can current set WHICH keyboard is connected to the mux, but can't say
'ALL OF THEM' at all.  I believe that Brooks Davis has said he's
working on this.

Warner