Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:33:45 -0700 (MST)
In message: <20041202055454.GA84339_at_zibbi.icomtek.csir.co.za>
            John Hay <jhay_at_icomtek.csir.co.za> writes:
: > > 1.  Keyboard multiplexer.
: >
: > I actually fail to stop thinking about a complete syscons and pcvt
: > replacement. You know, the one and only console implementation that
: > makes all others obsolete. Big plans, little time, yada yada yada...
:
: It would be nice if one would still be able to use the keyboards
: separately too, even if you have to recompile the kernel for that.
: One nice usage would be on HP's quad kiosk machine. It is a single
: processor box with 4 x screen, keyboard and mouse, and then 4 people
: can use it.

I think that making it just another driver that knows about the
keyboard mux would make this possible in the short term...

Hmmm, maybe it is time for me to STFU and hack together what I'm
thinking :-)

Warner