Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:50:31 -0700
Robert Huff wrote:
> Marcel Moolenaar writes:
>

>> > 1.  Keyboard multiplexer.
>>
>> I actually fail to stop thinking about a complete syscons and
>> pcvt replacement. You know, the one and only console
>> implementation that makes all others obsolete. Big plans, little
>> time, yada yada yada...
>

> 	As long as we're talking about keyboards ... may I add "Get the
> boot code to recognize USB keyboards."
> 	(Unless this has already happened and I missed the meno.
> Again.)
>

> 				Robert Huff

Are you talking about putting a minimal USB stack into the boot loader?
That _certainly_ cannot fit into boot0, and I doubt that it can fit into
boot1.  It might be possible for boot2/BTX/loader, but that's also quite
a bit of work.  I take it that your BIOS does not provide keyboard
emulation for you?  If not, I guess that it makes it difficult to boot
to DOS.

Scott