Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:03:55 -0500
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:21:17PM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:

> However, if the bios sees partition type 165 (FreeBSD), it freaks out
> and completely shuts down all USB support.  Even for the bios keyboard
> service calls.
>
> If you boot MSDOS, for example.. the bios keyboard service calls are not
> disabled and keep working.

Pardon a naive question, but what would happen with a FreeBSD partition
whose type said something other than 165?  What in fbsd checks the
partition type once booting starts?

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.