Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Devon H. O'Dell <dodell_at_sitetronics.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:08:21 +0100
Eric Kjeldergaard wrote:
>>FWIW, I saw on another response to this thread that the installer should
>>be based on a Live CD. Ours is, and is used in the FreeSBIE project to
>>install FreeBSD to the disk, if desired.
>

> Ooh, ooh, do tell.  </giddy>  I had no idea that one existed.  Does it
> allow for simple base installs?  In fact, does it have about the same
> featureset as sysinstall?  Do I get a link?  Please self-promote :)
> I'm sure I'm not alone in the desire for a GUI installer as an option
> (not a replacement, again...need to reiterate that I love the ability
> to install fBSD in 8 minutes on a 200mhz machine via a familiar
> ncurses interface) for desktop users.
>

> --
> If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.

I believe it's to be shipped with the FreeSBIE 1.1 release. It used to
be on www.livebsd.com, but I think Scott (Ullrich) removed it (or I may
be wrong). You can obviously check out its functionality for DragonFly
BSD (the interface when installing FreeSBIE is the same).

The FreeSBIE project is at http://www.freesbie.org

Have fun! :)

Devon H. O'Dell