Re: fsck_ffs patch testers wanted

From: Marc G. Fournier <scrappy_at_hub.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:50:45 -0400 (AST)
I'd just like to post a follow up to this, and thanks ... one of our
servers crashed tonight, after being up and running for ~67days ...
normally, I'd be cursing, because after *that* long, the fsck would take
about 12 hours or so ...

The server rebooted, fsck'd and dump'd a core file in <60 minutes ...

Thanks Don ...

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Don Lewis wrote:

> On 30 Sep, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Would you be willing to post a 4.x version of this, or send me one, that I
>> can test, since I'm the one that seems lucky to get the "glacially slow"
>> fsck's :(
>
> I was planning on posting a 4.x version sometime after I did the commit
> to -CURRENT and it had time to get well exercised by the masses.  My
> plan is to allow about a month of testing between the commit to -CURRENT
> and the MFC.

----
Email: scrappy_at_hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664