Re: Setting DMA for DVD

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:51:05 +0100
On Friday, 3. December 2004 20:18, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> Patrick Bowen writes:
> > 	atacontrol mode 1 wdma2 biospio
>
> Put this line into /etc/rc.local. I do very similar things that way.

The atapi driver will only enable dma on atapi devices if they claim to at
least support UDMA33/UDMA2. This behaviour was changed from 4.x (Søren tells
me) because too many old devices which report bogus capabilities failed with
the wdma modes. If your device works fine with wdma, you'll need to enable it
yourself (Gary's suggestion is a good way to do it).

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org