Re: FreeBSD sound distortion problems with SB Live! fixed with PREEMPTION

From: Uwe Laverenz <uwe_at_laverenz.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:48:57 +0100
Hi Travis,

> handful of drivers (emu10k1 is the one I'm having problems with) have

I have the same problem with emu10k1 on RELENG_5, and I know of
others, who have the same with emu10k1 and es137x.

> this problem. For the record, I am not the only one who has reported
> this problem to the lists.

Yes, there are many users with this annoying problem and although sound is
not the most important thing for FreeBSD, it has the potential to make people
lose confidence in FreeBSD 5.x.

However, I can can confirm that PREEMPTION solves the problem on my machine
also and I thank you very much for finding this solution. :-)

cu,
Uwe