Re: [TEST] Updated port net/nvnet

From: Ben Kelly <bkelly_at_vadev.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:46:26 -0500
Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the lucky owner of the ASUS SK8N (amd64) motherboard with
> the onboard NVIDIA MCP Ethernet.
>
> With this patch,
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ru/patches/port_net_nvnet.patch
>
> I'm happily running it for three days without any glitches
> noticed so far:
>
> : nv0: <NVIDIA nForce MCP3 Networking Adapter> port 0xec00-0xec07 mem 0xfebfc000-0xfebfcfff irq 5 at device 5.0 on pci0
> : nv0: Ethernet address 00:0e:a6:54:dc:67
> : miibus0: <MII bus> on nv0
> : rlphy0: <RTL8201L 10/100 media interface> on miibus0
> : rlphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
> : nv0: Ethernet address: 00:0e:a6:54:dc:67
> : nv0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>
> I'd be grateful if someone could test this update on i386.

I tried this on a CURRENT box last cvsup'ed about a week ago running
GENERIC.  The hardware is a Shuttle SN45G:

http://us.shuttle.com/specs_access.asp?pro_id=279

Unfortunately the patch did not seem to work for me.  It looks like nv0
is not detected correctly.  All network access results in a nv0 timeout
errors.  I saw a panic during the boot scroll, but I could not scroll
back or investigate as my USB keyboard stopped operating at this point.
  Its not clear if the panic was related to the nvnet port.

I'm sorry this isn't a very helpful report.  I am going to work on
getting serial access running so I can get more information off the box.
  I will also try upgrading/reverting my src tree in case I am just
stuck on a particularly unstable cvs point;  any suggestions for a
stable date are welcome.

Thanks.

- Ben