Re: HEADSUP: updated net80211 layer committed

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:54:30 -0800
Pierre DAVID wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:59:19AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
>
>>I just committed a major update to the 802.11 support.  I did my best to
>>verify all existing users compile and work (where I have cards) but there's
>>sure to be some fallout.  In particular I expect that wi cards operating in
>>hostap with wep will need some fixup.  If you encounter problems please post
>>here as I've been promised other folks will assist in handling issues.
>>

> This is really a major update! I'm now able to use our 802.11
> network, with an EAP/TTLS based 802.1X authentication.
>
> Nearly everything went smoothly, except two nits:
>
>     - as EAP/TTLS support was apparently not enabled in the
> 	wpa_supplicant port, I had to force its configuration.

Hmm, yes forgot about that.  We have openssl already in the base system
so we can automatically include support (though not sure if the current
version has everything).  As I said before it'd be good if someone were
to pick up the port and fix it up and commit it.

>     - I had to manually set:
> 	ifconfig ath0 authmode 8021x
> 	(ifconfig was incorrectly using WPA1+WPA2)

This is a bug in driver_bsd.c.  It should check if no WPA is request and
set the authentication mode appropriately. If you have a fix please send
it to Jouni; otherwise I'll add it to my TODO list.

	Sam