Re: AMD64 -current ISOs and cvsup repository: Was: Re: -current ISOs and update cvsup sites for AMD64?

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:31:04 +1030
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:58, trorki_at_area51.capnet.state.tx.us wrote:
> The last AMD64 -current ISO on snapshots.se and snapshots.jp was in
> October, if I'm looking at the right directories.  A month and a half is
> hardly an "oversight", since October isn't even in the 6.0 timeframe.

Why not?
I don't recall you paying for them to make the snapshot ISOs, so they get made
when they can. Maybe if you provided some constructive support about it (eg
hardware, money, bandwidth) they'd be able to produce them more consistently.

> Would somebody that actually uses -current on AMD64 tell me
> how to get a recent ISO, and which servers are carrying the
> AMD 6.0-current branch so I can cvsup updates?
>
> Please don't reply to the list if you don't know what the hell
> I'm asking about.

I think your attitude stinks, however you should try a 5.3 release and then
upgrade to -current.

Also, chewing out the main ports manager is really demonstrative of your lack
of clue.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum