Re: HP D325 Panic Fault Trap

From: Chris Stone <Chrisst141_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:56:06 -0500
Someone else wrote me already. All you have to do is go into the BIOS
setup: Disable HD DMA Transfers, Disable HD Translation, Switch it to
PIO 0 mode. FreeBSD boots fine, then when the kernel takes over it
programms the ATA controller itself, so no speed loss (little slower
booting, a second or two at most).

~Chris