sysctl locking

From: Suleiman Souhlal <ssouhlal_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 02:14:08 -0500
Hello,

The patch at http://people.freebsd.org/~ssouhlal/sysctl-locking.diff
removes Giant from the sysctl subsystem.
I tested it on i386 and powerpc, where it appears to work perfectly.
However, I have not been able to test it on an SMP box, as I don't have
access to any.
So I would appreciate it if someone would test it, and report any
problems.
I will commit it in about week, unless, of course, there are
objections/problems.

Bye
--
Suleiman Souhlal     | ssouhlal_at_vt.edu
The FreeBSD Project  | ssouhlal_at_FreeBSD.org