ips driver problem on more than 4GB RAM Dual amd64 2.2GHz machine

From: Ganbold <ganbold_at_micom.mng.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:08:19 +0800
Hi,

I'm still looking for possibility to run FreeBSD 5.3 with more than 4GB RAM
on Dual amd64 2.2GHz machine (IBM _at_server 325) with ServeRAID 6M (ips driver)).
Right now I'm using only 4GB RAM.

As Scott said, problem is below:

"The ips driver looks like it will fail under heavy load when more than 4GB
of RAM is present.  It tries to force busdma to not defer requests when the
bounce page reserve is low, but that looks to be broken and
will result in corrupted commands."

Are the ips driver and bus_dma problems fixed yet? Can somebody tell me the
future plans in this regard?

My boss is really pushing me to use all 8GB of RAM on server:(

thanks in advance,

Ganbold