Re: WEP does not work?

From: Andrea Campi <andrea+freebsd_current_at_webcom.it>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:50:15 +0100
On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 08:51:02PM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
> The 802.11 state machine is being clocked when you do this and clearing
> the global key state when it goes through the INIT state (80211debug
> +state will show you).  I added this just recently to insure key state
> was cleared when a device was marked down but on reflection it was a bad
> idea.  The following change will revert this:

I'm seeing something which might be related (or not). My wi card
can't connect using wep; it's working great when going in the clear.
I used 80211debug +(a few params) and this is what I got:

$ sudo ifconfig wi0 $IP ssid $SSID wepmode on weptxkey 1 wepkey 1:$KEY
ieee80211_newstate: RUN -> INIT
[00:30:65:0c:13:d4] send disassoc on channel 11
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> INIT
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> INIT
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> RUN
ieee80211_newstate: invalid transition

Is this enough to work with or do you need anything more? Oh, I have
ieee80211_proto.c rev 1.11.

Bye,
	Andrea

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.