Re: looking for a merge tool.

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:44:11 +0100
On 2004-12-14 14:46:26 (-0800), Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> wrote:
> I'm doing a bit of merging fromthe NetBSD USB code to -current, but I'm
> wonderring if anyone can point me to a good merge tool.

Not sure if it's a ``good'' tool, but I'm very fond of Vim's diff feature.

  <http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/diff.html>

It took me a while to get used to, but it's proven itself very useful to me
since.  Particularly the pretty colouring and the fact that I can jump around
and place marks like in Vim make me very happy with it :-)

> does anyone know of a tool that gives 3 panes and allows manual editing of
> the merged product?

Vimdiff allows you to do that.  I'm sure there will be some Emacs users now to
tell me that I should go and use Emacs because it does it better.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #207:
    We are currently trying a new concept of using a live mouse.
    Unfortunately, one has yet to survive being hooked up to the
    computer.....please bear with us.