acpi is broken since about 2004/12/01

From: Ted Lindgreen <ted_at_sanne.nlnetlabs.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:02:14 +0100
Maksim Yevmenkin reported the problem already on Mon Dec 6 15:15:28 in
"help! acpi kills my laptop", and also Andrey Chernovache reported
it on Thu Dec 9 09:13:58 in "Lots of ACPI warnings with recent -current".

Disabling acpi, or using an older acpi.ko (from november 29) makes
my laptop bootable again, but the wifi card does not work anymore.
The message is: "load the wlan_web module by hand for now", however,

I tried backing out acpi_pci_link.c version 1.39 but that does not help.

Is anyone looking into this problem currently? (If not I'll continue
digging into it, but I guess that the people working on acpi do a better
and quicker job finding and fixing this problem).

Regards,
-- ted