Re: reboot without any info

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:34:23 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 15:17 -0500, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Sean McNeil wrote:
>>
>>> This happens with a world/kernel and a portupgrade -frR totem built
>>> Today:
>>>
>>> From rom a user account, I did a gdb `which totem` and then an r.  This
>>> caused a reboot.

[snip]

> I think everyone has hardware fault on the brain right now.  Please note
> that the system works perfectly - even under extreme load - until the
> moment I run totem in the debugger.  Then it is instant.  I would never
> consider this behavior as hardware related.

I would suggest hooking up a serial or firewire console on this machine
and logging any output. If nothing relevant turns up, you may wish to try
and reproduce the problem while running gdb under strace or truss (I am
not familiar with the status of these programs under AMD64. YMMV) while
logged at a serial console.

Regards,