if_wi (minor) problems with recent 80211 changes

From: Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:43:04 -0600 (CST)
Since Sam fixed the WEP problem with if_wi, my wi card has been working
well - for the most part.  However, I have seen a problem twice in the
last week that I had not seen before.  Whenever I get messages like the
following:

wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0021; event status 0x8080
wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0021; event status 0x8080
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.

The card does not seem to recover, like it used to in the past.  Simply
ejecting and inserting the card again fixes the problem, so it's not a big
deal.

Anyway, I was just wondering if others were seeing this problem as well.
When I get a chance, I might go try to hunt it down, sounds like we're
just doing something wrong when reinitializing.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack