Re: fingerprints

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:22:15 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:41, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > Has there been any work on getting fingerprint readers working on FreeBSD?
> > I *really* disilked the fact that (apparently) the only fingerprint
> > reader is supplied via Microsoft, but beyond that, it's a USB device,
> > which ought to mean, a simple implementation.  I guess I have to read how
>
> Ahaha..
> Ahem, sorry.. USB != simple.
>
> > USB works, but before I give too much time to it, I wanted to ask if
> > anyone has done anything yet.
>
> Ask the maker for specs on how to talk to it..

Can't (and won't), it's Micrsoft, I won't stoop that low.  There's only so
many possibilities here, I'll just how to see how I can download whatever
the mindless little thing has, and begin comparing with what it could be.
The only problem is figuring out how to open it up in general, so I can
get that listing.  I'll figure it out, the usb site is on the web, it's
got docs, I just hope they're not too huge.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr_at_chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).