Re: schedgraph.py

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:02:48 +0000 (GMT)
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> To use the tool, you will need to define KTR_SCHED in KTR_COMPILE and
> KTR_MASK.  I'd also bump entires up to 32768 or larger so you can grab a
> few seconds of data.  Run your workload, and then capture the data with
> 'ktrdump -ct > ktr.out'.  Then you simply run python schedgraph.py
> ktr.out.  This requires a recent version of python and
> ports/x11-toolkits/py-tkinter.

Great!

For those who need a little more hand-holding getting KTR running, here's
a URL to try:

    http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/netperf/ktr/

It's been my hope people would start producing more post-processing tools
-- KTR can collect some really great data that's just sitting there
waiting to be mined.  I'd be interested in seeing post-processing tools
for locking as well.  This looks like a great tool that will be really
helpful in understanding behavior and performance.

Thanks!

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research