Re: panic: uma_zone_slab is looping

From: Bosko Milekic <bmilekic_at_technokratis.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:02:16 -0500
>   I'll have to reserve some more time to think about this.  One way I
>   think it might be solvable would be to change that check that
>   triggers the NULL return explicitly check for the bucketzone, and not
>   for all UMA_ZONE_INTERNAL zones; I need to think this through a little
>   more.

  Please try the attached patch and let me know if with it you can or
  cannot trigger the original (seemingly infinite) looping.  Although I
  still haven't quite figured out how the described scenario could lead
  to infinite looping exactly (I did conclude that it could lead to some
  looping, though), the patch is worth trying as I believe the scenario
  *could* occur.

--
Bosko Milekic
bmilekic_at_technokratis.com