Re: mdmfs: mdconfig (attach) exited with error code 1

From: Colin Percival <colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:04:33 -0800
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> I get the following error while trying to diskless boot:
>
> mdmfs: mdconfig (attach) exited with error code 1
>
> Did someone break mdconfig binary compatibility?

Yes, pjd changed the ABI to be compatible with RELENG_5 (and
thus incompatible with recent -currents):

:pjd         2004-12-27 17:20:06 UTC
:
:  FreeBSD src repository
:
:  Modified files:
:    sys/dev/md           md.c
:    sys/sys              mdioctl.h
:    sbin/mdconfig        mdconfig.c
:  Log:
:  Rewrite piece of code which I committed some time ago that allows to
:  show file name for 'mdconfig -l -u <x>' command.
:  This allows to preserve API/ABI compatibility with version 0 (that's why
:  I changed version number back to 0) and will allow to merge this change
:  to RELENG_5.

Colin Percival