Re: cvs-src summary news and improvements

From: Panagiotis Astithas <past_at_ebs.gr>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:13 +0200
Paul Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:40:09 -0600
> Mark Johnston <mjohnston_at_skyweb.ca> wrote:
>

>>The "feedback requested" is mostly on the RSS, since I don't use RSS
>>myself and know very little about it.  All I've done is validate the
>>feed.  If you want to see the data in other RSS flavors, or Atom or
>>whatever, drop me an e-mail with a link to a reasonable spec on the
>>format, and I can likely accomodate you.  Also, it currently just
>>serves up the latest summary, with a hard cutover when a new one is
>>posted; I don't know whether this pleases RSS browsers (aggregators?)
>>or not.
>>

>  Clicking on a RSS news item (in both Firefox and KNewsTicker) results
> in a bad URL (eg.
> /FreeBSD//var/www/excel.xl0.org/FreeBSD/2004-12-27.html)

I noticed it too, on rssowl. Nevertheless, I would like to (once again)
express my gratitude to Mark for still doing this (after almost a whole
year) and to point out that this RSS feed would be an excellent addition
to the right-side pane of www.freebsd.org. It would freshen up the site
content-wise.

Cheers,

Panagiotis