FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC - ATA not working

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_gneto.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:49:09 +0100
I've burnd the RC CDROM and I'm unable to boot from it on my test boxes
with Gateway motherbards.

These machines are Single P3 Celeron 1.4GHz, Serverworks LE chipset
ATA100 controller in CSB5.
IBM DTLA-307030 (30GB 75GXP) as primary master.
Benq 56x CDROM drive as secondary master.
Both connected with proper ATA-100 cables.

The boot hangs after probing ad0 which is probed as ata0-master UDMA100.
The light on the CDROM just stays on and the machine is frozen.

This worked in 5.2 Release but didn't work in saturdays current.

I have tried "Safe mode" boot - no difference (except that ad0 is probed
as PIO4)

I have also tried to disconnect the HD - again no difference.

Please reply with the information you need to debug this so we can get a
working 5.2.1 out!

By the way, CD-ROM installation with USB CD-ROM works nicely on my
flopy/CD-less Supermicro boxes now.

	/Martin