Re: 'kern.maxpipekva exceeded' messages...

From: Mathieu Arnold <mat_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:54:40 +0100
+-le 27/01/2004 13:11 -0600, Mike Silbersack écrivait :

| On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Dag-Erling [iso-8859-1] Smørgrav wrote:
|
|> Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com> writes:
|> > There is a limit, no single pipe can grow beyond BIG_PIPE_SIZE, which is
|> > presently defined as 64K.  Well, unless there is a leak, of course. :)
|>
|> The backup script uses exactly *one* pipe (between dump and ssh), and
|> that one pipe seems to make all the difference between using barely
|> 300 kB pipe kva, and hitting the 8 MB limit...
|
| Whoa!

I've been running into about the same problem for quite some time now, my box
crashes while running some periodic job. Some find never end, they stack up,
and when my coworkers usually do a killall -9 find, the box is unresponsive
from network, and after a reboot, it says 2 or 3 times 'kern.maxpipekva
exceeded...' in syslog.

I'd try to see what makes it block next time it happens.

--
Mathieu Arnold