Re: MySQL with KSE -- Unstable?

From: Sven Willenberger <sven_at_dmv.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:12:50 -0500
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 14:34, Kris Gale wrote:
> I've given MySQL on KSE a couple of tries in production, and I've
> run into a problem where threads seem to build up after an hour
> or so, depending on load.
>

> Any ideas?  Has anyone else had success with MySQL on 5.2
> with KSE in high-load environments?
>
> Kris Gale

Ran into a similar situation when I used libmap.conf to use libkse for
apache and mpm worker model. Following the manpage example, I set
default threads to use libthr instead of libc_r. Running a fairly hi
load web/mysql server, I ended up with with the error "unable to create
new threads" and and had to kill the mysql server. It seems that mysql
is partial to libc_r rather than libkse or libthr(?) as changing the
libmap entry back to libc_r for default cured the mysql woes.

Sven