Re: 5.2-CURRENT - ata1-slave : TIMEOUT - SETFEATURES - another evil continues...

From: Jeff Gardner <freebsd_at_newgalaxy.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:06:44 -0500
I also had this problem with my 48X Lite-On.  Same model as mentioned
below.  However, my drive died.  So, I replaced it with the 52x model
52327S.

acd0: CDRW <LITE-ON LTR-52327S> at ata1-master UDMA33

I recently installed 5.2-RELEASE and then upgraded to -CURRENT as of a
few hours ago.  I can read CD's just fine.  However, trying to burn with
burncd gives the following:

genesis# burncd -f /dev/acd0 data 5.2-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso fixate
burncd: ioctl(CDIOCSTART): Device busy

I know this burner works (just not in 5.2-CURRENT right now) since I
used it to burn the above iso via another OS.

However, I do not get the warning mentioned below any longer.

Jeff