Re: Processes blocked on getblk or ufs

From: Huang wen hui <huang_at_gddsn.org.cn>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:43:05 +0800
Robin P. Blanchard wrote:

>Ok. I just induced a getblk with installworld (again stuck in makewhatis). I
>logged the ddb session below, during which I manually induced a dump. The
>dump allegedly completely sucessfully; but the box never rebooted. I had to
>manually (hard) reboot it. Once it came back up, savecore recorded the dump
>as expected. Unfortunately, it is apparently useless (at least to me). I have
>saved kernel.debug as well as vmcore for anyone who thinks they can use this.
>I'm now at a loss as to how to proceed.
>Thanks in advance.

woo,  Scott's commit seem to fix this problem for me!

Thanks,
--hwh

scottl      2004/02/06 19:26:38 PST

 FreeBSD src repository

 Modified files:
   sys/dev/aac          aac.c  Log:
 - Broaden the scope of locking in aac_command_thread() again to catch some
   edge cases in the loop.

 - Try to grab a command before dequeueing the bio from the bioq.  The old
   behaviour of requeuing deferred bios to the end of the bioq is arguably
   wrong.  This should be fixed in the future to check the bioq head
without
   automatically dequeueing the bio.

 Revision  Changes    Path
 1.83      +17 -11    src/sys/dev/aac/aac.c
<http://cvsweb.FreeBSD.org//src/sys/dev/aac/aac.c.diff?r1=1.82&r2=1.83>