acpidump seg. fault

From: Scott Sipe <cscotts_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:34:05 -0500
Apologies if I'm doing something stupid here..

on my CURRENT system as of about a week ago, as well as freshly upgraded
to about 8 hours ago, when I try to run the command "acpidump -o
dsdtfile" it seg faults.  The acpicatools port does not display this
behavior and works as intended.

it seems to be segfaulting because in acpi_checksum in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpidump/acpi.c the length parameter is -1 and
its seg faulting out in the "while(length--)" loop.

On a separate system from Feb 2, when I run "acpidump -o myfile" I get:
 > acpidump -o myfile
acpidump: DSDT is corrupt

and again on this system, the acpicatools works fine.

Scott