Re: HEADS UP: libkse -> libpthread switch

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:07:18 -0700 (MST)
In message: <20040207005520.GA7132_at_VARK.homeunix.com>
            David Schultz <das_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: Maybe I don't understand dynamic linking in FreeBSD well enough,
: but an application that is both statically and dynamically linked
: against the same library seems bizarre and unusual to me.
: Wouldn't the two halves reference different copies of the library,
: breaking things like malloc() and gethostbyname() (in the
: hypothetical case of libc)?  I don't see how such a thing could
: possibly work in the first place.

Such a thing is possible if at the time you built library X, it
required library Y shared.  You then build program A that requires
library X and Y, but link Y static.  Bad things happen after that.
Esp if Y is libc or libc_r.

Warner