Re: Is dhclient broken in -current?

From: Jimmy Firewire <trigonometric_at_softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 18:00:50 -0000
* Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher_at_yahoo.com> [2004-02-06 14:16]:
> In -current (rebuilt from cvs 2/4/03), I can't get an address from
> the three DHCP servers I tried.  The client sends its request out
> on the em0 (which works fine for everything else), but never seems
> to see a response.  A MacOS 10.2 system has no problems with the
> same servers.  Is this a known problem?

>>I have experienced the same behaviour. Removing
/>>var/db/dhclient.leases before starting dhclient solved my problem.

I have a different problem with dhclient. I get a lease but resolving of
hostnames outside of my local network is failing.

I've tried removing /etc/resolv.conf and /var/db/dhclient.leases before
starting dhclient, but it doesn't seem to work.

Adding the nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf allows me to resolve hostnames,
access websites, use cvs and so on, but ping doesn't seem to work.

If I look at the default route in netstat -r, gateway displays the correct
IP, but the flags are UGS, on my 5.1 machine they are UGSc, so there
is something wierd going on.

Why all of a sudden in 5.2 I have to put the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf,
when before this never had to be done? And what is going on with the flags?

AP