Project Evil: D-Link DWL-650+

From: Andrey Smirnov <smira_at_smtp.ru>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:04:29 +0300
Hello!

Is anybody successfull with NDISulator & D-Link DWL-650+?
The card is based on TI ACX 100 chipset, I know about native FreeBSD
driver (http://wlan.kewl.org/), it worked almost fine, but I've got some
packet loss & low speed (in comparison with Windows XP/2K).

I tried different Windows drivers with Project Evil (specifically,
drivers that go on CD with that card, for WinXP/2k/ME, they all panic at
drv_data, and one from Internet, firmware from it uses native FreeBSD
driver, with that driver kernel paniced earlier, in
ndis_create_sysctls). I copied respective *.bin files to /compat/ndis
and it seems to me that everything else I could do is done. There are no
messages about missing functions, just messages about ndis attaching to
my card and about supported rates.

If somebody was successful with it, could anybody give me a hint?
If there's something more I can provide, I will do it.

Andrey Smirnov.