Re: Problems building KDE3 on recent current

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:14:01 +0100
On Monday 09 February 2004 11:51, Mark Huizer wrote:
> > > FreeBSD nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Sun
> > > Feb  8 21:51:40 MYT 2004
> > > opal_at_nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OPAL  i386
> > >
> > > have no trouble compiling kde. I deleted /usr/local, /usr/X11R6, and
> > > /var/db/pkg before compiling ports.
> >
> > Well I might give a shot at that, then. Tho it kinda stinks to nuke
> > nearly everything on a box.
>
> The question might be: how far do you have to nuke it. I wonder what
> port is the problem.

You should probably rebuild most XFree86 ports, most importantly
XFree86-libraries and up from there, since libGL uses a threads library and
everything that links it in will end up linked to both the old and new
threads library which causes the error you've been seeing. To be really safe
you should look for ports-installed files which link to libc_r with ldconfig
and pkg_which and make sure you have nothing linking to libc_r left before
you install new ports.

Deleting all ports which already installed files linked to both threads
libraries by hand, and then reinstalling them instead of using portupgrade
should again lower the chance of somehow reintroducing double linkage.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org