Re: kdesu crash under 5.2-RELEASE with libkse via libmap.conf

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:23:44 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> On Friday 06 February 2004 21:52, Doug White wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > > If I run this:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/bin/kdesu --nonewdcop '/usr/local/bin/kcmshell clock --lang
> > > en_US'
> > >
> > > And my libmap.conf looks like this:
> > >
> > > # /etc/libmap.conf
> > > #
> > > # candidate             mapping
> > > #
> > > libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1     # Everything uses 'libkse' by
> > > default libc_r.so               libkse.so
> > >

> > > Then I get this:
> > >
> > > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> >
> > This isn't a crash,
>
> And what makes you think that? The KDE crash window popped up and I
> clicked on the backtrace button.

Well it forgot to mention why it halted. Usually it says something like:

Or the backtrace will be in abort().

I'll still try to reproduce this. In the interim, can you run ldd on the
offending application and make sure it isn't linking against both libc_r
and libpthread?  If so, then you need to rebuild X and everything
upwards.