Re: kdesu crash under 5.2-RELEASE with libkse via libmap.conf

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:13:32 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> On Friday 06 February 2004 21:52, Doug White wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > > If I run this:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/bin/kdesu --nonewdcop '/usr/local/bin/kcmshell clock --lang
> > > en_US'

I tried this on my amd64 -CURRENT box and did experience some unusual
behavior.  After closing the clock change dialog, the process stuck in
select(). I kill -9'd it and it went into a 100% CPU loop. Another kill
-9 made it go away.

Considering this works when called from the GUI, either from the clock's
context menu or the Control Center, I'm not inclined to track this
further, and defer it to a KDE bug.

I'm using libpthread with everything, rebuilt on Friday.