gettext ???

From: Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root_at_pukruppa.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:04:45 +0100 (CET)
Hi!

I know there was a lengthy discussion about gettext and
gettext-new, but I lost the thread somewhere.

1) When I do a
# make install
in /usr/ports/devel/gettext I receive this error

===>  Vulnerability check disabled
===>  Extracting for gettext-0.13.1
>> Checksum OK for gettext-0.13.1.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for gettext-0.13.1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for gettext-0.13.1
Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
gettext-tools/misc/Makefile.in.rej
>> Patch patch-gettext-tools_misc_Makefile.in failed to apply
cleanly.
>> Patch(es) patch-ad patch-ak patch-config_ltmain.sh
patch-gettext-runtime_configure
patch-gettext-runtime_intl_Makefile.in
patch-gettext-tools_Makefile.in patch-gettext-tools_configure
patch-gettext-tools_lib_Makefile.in applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.

2) gettext-new builds and installs fine, but most
gettext-dependent ports (quite many of them on my machine) don't
seem to build against it.

3) This is worrying me least, but still it irritates me and
pkgdb :
The old gettext has got a higher version number (0.13.1) than the
new one (0.13) .

What should I do now (for example wait until it is all fixed?)

Regards,

Uli.

	|    Peter Ulrich Kruppa    |
        |         Wuppertal         |