ULE interactivity

From: Wesley Morgan <morganw_at_chemikals.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:53:51 -0500 (EST)
I usually don't leave my laptop running for long periods of time, but the
system has been up for just over a day. I left it running overnight to
rebuild most of the KDE ports after a few revision bumps. After sitting
idle for 3 or 4 hours, I'm rebuilding a few more ports and find that
interactivity has become horrible. System load is listed as 2.4-2.5 but
the only thing going on is a portupgrade rebuild that usually puts load
around 1 and interactivity is terrible. If this would a PI controller I
might think the scheduler had a case of integral windup :)

Has anyone else seen similar problems?