Re: bittorrent has problems after an update to currnet

From: Jason <jason_at_ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:51:24 -0500
Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:20:48PM -0500, Jason wrote:
>

>>>Something is linked against two thread libraries - this has been
>>>discussed extensively here and on ports_at_.
>>>
>>>Kris
>>>

>>Ok, after checking the archives I found that everything python is
>>broken, not because of linking to 2 thread libraries but because of a bug.
>>I tried to confirm this on my machince and found out this for python:
>>$ ldd /usr/local/bin/python
>>/usr/local/bin/python:
>>       libpthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1 (0x28129000)
>>       libutil.so.4 => /lib/libutil.so.4 (0x2814e000)
>>       libstdc++.so.4 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4 (0x2815a000)
>>       libm.so.2 => /lib/libm.so.2 (0x2821d000)
>>       libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x28238000)
>>So unless there is a better fix or I am wrong(please correct me if I am)
>>I will cvsup and have to rebuild everything, or the world and python.
>>

>Did you read the archives like I suggested?
>
>kris

Yeah, and I just read a lot more. Is it going over my head or am I
missing the all important thread?  If you could just simplify it for me,
would you suggest rebuilding everything, removing a threading lib
causing the trouble and rebuild selected apps, or what would you do? The
reason I  may seem to be stupid is I also read a mail where everything
python on a mans machince was doing as mine is and there was no linking
to several libs.  With the ldd command I see python is only going with
the pthreads libs, could I be wrong here?
Jason