Re: Bad interrupt routing causes my SATA controller to fail.

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:22:57 -0500
On Tuesday 10 February 2004 08:53 pm, Johan Pettersson wrote:
> Some days ago I posted this bug-report.

> It's written there that it isn't any problem with the ATA driver and that
> it must be bad interrupt routing. I have disabled Hyperthreading in the
> BIOS and it works fine now but it would be nice if HTT worked. Is there any
> work on this? Or someone that feels to fix it? :)

It is probably not bad interrupt routing.  Can you try the following scenarios
and tell us which ones work and which ones fail:

1) HTT + ACPI
2) no HTT + ACPI
3) ACPI and no apic (set hint.apic.0.disabled=1 from loader)
4) no ACPI (set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1 from loader)
5) no ACPI and no APIC (set both hints above from loader)