Re: Success - KDE 3.2 running on FreeBSD 5.1 Current

From: Joachim Strömbergson <watchman_at_ludd.luth.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:30:34 +0100
Aloha!

toxa wrote:
> Ok, I cd  to /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt32, make deinstall && make install
> clean. Everything was OK, thanks for advice.  After that I install only
> kdelibs, kdebase and kdenetworks, because I don't need all kde bloatware :)
> It seems like kdenetwork 3.2 now lacks kmail... But my new kde is slooow.
> First time clicking at K button  hangs kicker for 20-30 seconds, and almost
> every application or menu (konqueror, kicker properties, etc) hangs being
> running for first time. Or, say, I change kicker settings, applying changes,
> and put K button after it - kicker hangs again for 20 sec.
> Does anybody happy with kde 3.2? :)

Yes. Very much. cleaned out my old installation and then installed using
the meta port. It worked like a charm. I run on 5.2ish current, but
don't run with ULE and KSE (yet) and I feel that KDE 3.2 is faster and
in many respects way nicer than 3.1.4.

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Cheers!

Joachim Strömbergson
Joachim Strömbergson - ASIC designer, nice to *cute* animals.
     snail:                  phone:                     mail & web:
Sävenäsgatan 5A        +46 31 - 27 98 47          watchman_at_ludd.luth.se
416 72 Göteborg        +46 733 75 97 02           www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman