Re: Upgrading world from 5.0-dp1 to 5.1-RELEASE

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_withagen.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:05:10 +0100
From: "Andre Guibert de Bruet" <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
> > It'll sound like justifying myself but perhaps the lines on COMMON ITEMS
> > should be the same layout as about 5.x performance. So there's a bigger
> > chance that newbies (or lazies) get to see this part of the file.
> > Or split the file in 2 parts: updating.actuals and updating.common
>
> There's enough troubles trying to get people to read one file, and you
> want to introduce another? :-)

[I did notice the smiley]

Let's put it this way:
    I've printed the file: 22 pages......
    And only after 3/4 of it, the real general stuff starts.

I assume most people will give up long before that.
So they never get to the part that they REALLY REALLY should read.
At least I did on the first time, until Ruslan pointed me at it.

So what about those that are new to FBSD??? I'm running it since 1.1 and
still manage to get into trouble. (Still got the CD :-) )

--WjW