Re: panic: softdep_setup_inomapdep: found inode

From: sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:18:30 +0100
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:54:07 -0800 (PST)
Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, sebastian ssmoller wrote:
>
> > i got this on my test system today. i found some other messages in
> > the
> > archives about that - does anyone know what the status of this panic
> > is
> > ?
>
> Were you doing a large operation, like cvsupping ports, while the
> background fsck was running?  There is a known race in there that
> causes
> panics like this.

no. i guess the system more or less idled. i had some progs running
(browser, mail, xmms, acrobat, ...) but i didnt do something special...

i'm just experimenting with "power management". the idea is to
lower disk activity to be able to spin down the disk(or at least lower
speed and noise). one step of my script is to switch off my swap
partitions. before i do that i throttle my cpu so there was some cpu
load (50% - 75% - cause of running X) when running swapoff.

regards,
seb

> > panic: softdep_setup_inomapdep: found inode
> > panic messages:
> > ---

(...)