Re: USB Mouse problems

From: Tom Convery <tpc_at_tomfoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:24:21 -0500
Paul Murphy wrote:
> I was searching through the archives to see if I could find any help
> with ${subject} and I found your message.

What are your symptoms?  If memory serves there are (at least) two USB
mouse related problems that have been discussed recently.  One manifests
itself as no mouse movement whatsoever; the other causes erratic mouse
movement.

If your symptoms are the latter, I'm afraid I won't be much help; check
the archives for messages about (IIRC) ums interrupts either being
dropped or not routed correctly.

If your symptoms are the former, they may be caused by the problem I'd
been slowly tracking down.  Could you also:

-Move, click, whatever, the mouse a few times and send me the ums_intr
debug messages from dmesg.

-Does your USB receiver also contain a keyboard interface (ukbd)?  If
so, does it make a difference if only the ums (i.e. *not* the ukbd)
driver is compiled in or loaded?

Thanks,
-tpc