ACPI + USB issues? (was: USB umass problem on 5.2-release)

From: Denis Antrushin <DAntrushin_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:22:03 +0300
I made my USB flash drive to work by either

1. Disabling ACPI
   or
2. Enabling parallel port in BIOS (it was disabled for a long time)

Although my original problem is solved, but given the fact that everything worked
in 5.1, I would guess there's some ACPI problems in 5.2.

Is there some kind of 'ACPI debugging how-to' around?
I'd like to dig this issue in, as far as I can...

Thanks,
   Denis