Re: SI3112A SATA controller RAID support?

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:12:49 +0100
Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there's no RAID support for the SI3112A in current
> as my drives in a RAID1 array show up as ad4 and ad6 but not as ar0 in
> the setup. So if I want to use those SATA drives in a RAID1 array, do
> I really need to get another controller (presumably Highpoint based)
> (software RAID is out of question)?

All the ATA "RAID controllers" in this category are software based.

Support is depended on the BIOS type, as all that is needed is to know
the format of the RAID metadata stored on disk. Currently only HPT and
Promise formats are known, but I have code for AMI and Intel in the
works (but far from usable yet)...

--
-Søren