Re: 5.2.1-RC2-i386-disc1.iso + minimimal inst: libssl fails

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_flat.berklix.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:52:01 +0100
"Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> Scott Long wrote:
> > Please test this and let us know of any new problems.  There are a
>
> > MD5 (5.2.1-RC2-i386-disc1.iso) = 7cdfff4e1e378222f7f02c5465ca52e5
> I confirm that's the MD5 I have.
>
> Minor error:
>
> I selected "install minimal configuration" or words to that effect,
> selected aiuto partition sizes, on a half virgin disc (IE just MS
> crap from a previous disc owner, but no previous older BSD to
> confuse) Then said No to every option I could, for a quick minimal
> install.  After it installed (on a 586 laptop) It booted multi user
> with this before login:
>
> 	Configuring syscons: blanktime.
> 	/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.3" not found
> 	/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.3" not found
> 	Initial i386 initialization:.
>
> It's now multi user.  I'm not in a position to repeat after possible
> fixes, testing with a possible new iso.  I want my laptop with new
> disc usable again, so will load more bins & src by hand & do a make
> world.

2 silent hangs: 2nd after ftp put'ing from my faster 4.9 host to
my slower older 5.2.1-RC2 laptop, just on 33M of my 1G tar, while
rebuilding my laptop (after removing a 4G disc with 5.2 & installing
a 5G drive with 5.2.1-RC2.

Doing a get from the 5.2.1-RC2 slower laptop works better.
(neither host or net running anything else load- notasble either time,
maybe some over-run ?)

This mail will be delayed like the last one waiting for freebsd.org
moderator, 'cos my reg'd sub. rx address is not the send address. Sigh.

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix C & Net Services Consultant - Munich.  http://berklix.com
  Mail me in Ascii text/plain:   Html is dumped as Spam.
  Schnupftabak probieren:  Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !
  Software patents ? vampires would approve !  http://berklix.com/patents/