Re: HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

From: Vincent Poy <vince_at_oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:53:05 -1000 (HST)
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> At 2:32 PM -1000 2/16/04, Vincent Poy wrote:
> >Hello everyone:
> >
> >	I'm still using a Pre-November 15, 2003 -CURRENT and had a
> >question before I upgrade.  With this change, is /bin and /sbin
> >still separate directories on new installs or are they linked
> >directories?
>
> They are still separate directories.

	That's good, I thought somehow the directories were now merged or
something.

> >Do I have to delete the /bin, /sbin contents prior to the
> >buildworld or will it just update itself?  Thanks.
>
> Anytime that special-measures are needed for an update, they will
> be written up in /usr/src/UPDATING .  Always read through the
> most recent entries in that file doing an system update.

	I usually read UPDATING first but in this case, I thought I had to
somehow do something to those directories so it's more of like the way
/stand works.

> To answer this specific question, no, you do not want to delete
> those directories before doing the 'make buildworld'.

	Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince - vince_at_WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1_at_IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin