Re: NFS server broken for -current

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:02:45 +0100
Kris Kennaway schrieb:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:30:26AM +0100, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>some weeks ago I found that when connecting from a linux client to a
>>-current NFS server the connection "locks" up.
>>Now I have decided to try again and I have a new box where I can do tests.
>>This problem still exists for -current from 14.Feb.
>>
>>I saw that systat -vm still shows disk traffic (about 7Mb/s) while em0
>>(my NIC) only reports 5 interrupts.
>>There's no traffic on the wire but disk is writing? (I'm sure there's no
>>other process which could cause disk usage!)
>>Also Sys usage is reported to be 44%!
>>
>>Let me know how I can help.
>>NFS really should work again asap.
>>

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/56461

Oh, _very_ interesting.

Does only FreeBSD > 5.1 use 16-byte cookies? I have a 4.9 box which
works fine with Linux and if I remember correctly 5.1 also haven't had
this incompatibility.

But what about that mystiq disk access? It's not so funny to see my
3ware controler (the LED) accessing disks while no process is running
(shown) which would cause it.

Thanks a lot,

-Harry

P.S.: If somebody would port linux's DVB-s driver
(http://www.linuxtv.org/dvb/drivers.xml) to FreeBSD I'd make a port for
VDR (http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/) and the I could get rid of this linux
box, thus I no longer need NFS compatibility :)